1. Helium. Helium is a floating, transparent browser window that allows you to watch Netflix while you work on different projects.
2. The Neflix Enhancement. This bundle of ingenious Netflix add-ons for Chrome gives you IMDB profiles, trailers, and pop-up ratings from Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes.
3. Watch in HD. It costs the same as a Standard Def subscription.
4. Watch Netflix internationally. You can use the free site Hola or the paid site Media Hint to access Netflix lists from other countries.
5. Create Multiple Profiles. This is great if your tastes differ greatly from your partner’s. With separate profiles, you can watch completely different shows and movies without affecting each other’s ratings.
6. Instant Watcher. This keeps you up-to-date on what’s coming and going on Netflix so you never miss a thing.
7. Flix Roulette. Flix Roulette chooses something for you to watch on Netflix based on your interests. You use your general tastes – you can specify favorite directors, actors, and keywords – to narrow down your search.
8. Conquer Buffering. While playing a title, hold down Shift+Opt (Shift+Alt for Windows) and left click to open up a “hidden” menu called the Stream Manager with buffering fixes. (If you are using Chrome, press Ctrl+Shift+Alt/Opt+S to access this menu.)
9. Reddit to the rescue! At r/netflixbestof, people share their recommendations for more obscure Netflix movies and shows that you might want to check out.