Following the release of Battlefield 1’s major Fall update on Tuesday, EA has now kicked off a new event for the World War I shooter called “Battlefest.”
One part of the event are giveaways. Everyone who simply logs into Battlefield 1 between November 16 and November 27 will get a special Battlefest dog tag–check it out in the image below. This dog tag will not be handed out until November 28, developer DICE clarified in a blog post. Everyone who signed up for the free Battlefield Insider service before November 16 gets a special Insider dog tag that will be awarded the next time you log into the game.
Additionally, DICE today added new custom games to Battlefield 1 in the form of Fog of War and Hardcore. You can find these in the Custom Games menu.
Thursday, November 17
- PTFO Battlefest Mission: Complete this Battlefield 1 mission and you will receive the PTFO weapon skin. Play Battlefield 1 on three different days during Battlefest and win a match in Operations to succeed.
- Road to Battlefield 1 Mission: This is for the Battlefield 4 and Battlefield Hardline players. Get 25 kills with the M1911 in either game to get the Road to Battlefield 1 Dog Tag and the M1911 Incarcerator weapon skin in Battlefield 1.
- Battlefest Battlepack Update: A new and Battlefest-branded revision of Battlepacks will be available.
Friday, November 18
- Black Friday Sale: Get a great deal on Battlefield 1 and other EA games at your favorite online distributor.
- #FridayNightBattlefield Battlefest: Want to melee a Battlefield 1 developer? We’ve prepped a ton of servers for this special #FridayNightBattlefield and an exclusive Friday Night Dog Tag will be handed out at this event.
- 2XP Event: Battlefield Hardline and Battlefield 4 players will get double XP when playing on November 18.
Sunday, November 20
- Battlefest Community Videos: Learn to PTFO by some of the most renowned Battlefield community members.
Wednesday, November 23
- Veteran Dog Tag: This Battlefield 1 Dog Tag will be rewarded to all players who played Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, or Battlefield Hardline.
- CTE Veteran Dog Tag: This Dog Tag will be rewarded to players who have been part of the Community Test Environment on Battlefield 4 or Battlefield Hardline.
Friday, November 25
- #FridayNightBattlefield Battlefest: Another action-packed Friday Night where you get to play Battlefield 1 with the DICE devs.
- 2XP Event: Battlefield Hardline and Battlefield 4 players will get double XP when playing on November 25.
Battlefest rolls out in the days ahead with more in-game events and giveaways, for Battlefield 1 as well as Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, and Battlefield 3. The full rundown of events is below, as written by EA.
In other Battlefield 1 news, EA said during an earnings call this month that the game’s total player base after its first week was “nearly double” that of Battlefield 4 during its launch week. After that, EA confirmed that Battlefield 1 was the biggest launch in DICE’s history–check out more stats here.