banner

Eagles of Death Metal Refused By Bataclan Over Jesse Hughes’ Statements on Paris Attacks


Two members of Eagles of Death Metal were denied entry to the reopening show at the Bataclan, the Paris concert hall attacked last year, in light of controversial comments Jesse Hughes made prior.

Eighty-nine people lost their lives when the Bataclan Theatre was attacked during an Eagles of Death Metal concert on Nov. 13, 2015. In the aftermath, Hughes, the frontman for the band, suggested the venue’s staff was ill prepared and may have even tipped off the terrorists. Reps for the Bataclan deemed those comments “very grave and defamatory accusations.”

Jules Frutos, co-director of the Bataclan, told AFP that Hughes and another member of the group tried to enter the building for Sting’s reopening concert, but were denied. “They came, I threw them out – there are things you can’t forgive,” she said.

Hughes had issued an apology for his comments, saying in part, “I humbly beg forgiveness from the people of France, the staff and security of the Bataclan, my fans, family, friends and anyone else hurt or offended by the absurd accusations I made in my Fox Business Channel interview. My suggestions that anyone affiliated with the Bataclan played a role in the events of November 13 are unfounded and baseless – and I take full responsibility for them.”

Three months after the attacks, Eagles of Death Metal returned to Paris and performed a tribute concert at the Olympia theater in honor of those who died. A documentary on the band and the Paris attacks, directed by Colin Hanks, was announced earlier this month. It will air exclusively on HBO in February.

What's Your Reaction?
WTF! WTF!
0
WTF!
Cute Cute
0
Cute
Buzz Buzz
0
Buzz
LOL LOL
0
LOL
Geeky Geeky
0
Geeky
Win Win
0
Win
Angry Angry
0
Angry
Fail Fail
0
Fail
Love Love
0
Love

log in

reset password

Back to
log in