When Marvel Comics debuts its new “Hawkeye” series in December, Clint Barton will be nowhere to be seen. Instead, the title will tell the all-new adventures of former Young Avenger Kate Bishop as the titular hero.
Written by Kelly Thompson with art by Leonardo Romero, the new ongoing finds Kate once again on the West Coast, attempting to find herself while battling crime.
RELATED: Hawkeye Needs A Netflix Show – But Should It Star Jeremy Renner?
But before the series arrives, CBR has the exclusive first look inside the covers of Issue #1. Marvel Comics has provided us with a few pages of Romero’s art for Kate’s first issue as a solo hero, featuring the all-important “suiting up” onstage as she prepares to make her presence known to the citizens of Los Angeles.
Check out the preview, and first issue solicitation information, below.
- KELLY THOMPSON (W) * LEONARDO ROMERO (A)
- Cover by JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
- variant Cover by Marguerite Sauvage
- Design Variant by Leonardo Romero
vHIP-HOP VARIANT BY MARCO RUDY
- Variant Cover by TBA
- ICX Variant Cover by TBA
- Blank Variant Cover also available
- Remember Hawkeye? No not that Hawkeye, our favorite Hawkeye, the chick who puts the hawk in Hawkeye, the butt-kicking hero who had to save the other Hawkeye’s butt all the time. Yup, you know her, it’s the dazzling Kate Bishop making her solo comics debut! Kate is heading west and returning to Los Angeles, with her bow and arrow and P.I. badge in tow. There are crimes to solve and she’s the best archer to handle ’em! The City of Angels has a new guardian angel.
The talented duo of Kelly Thompson (A-Force, Jem) and Leonardo Romero (Squadron Supreme, Doctor Strange) bring you a Kate Bishop like you’ve never seen her before, in a brand-new ongoing series that really hits the mark!
- 32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99