(For an entire program that cuts fat fast, check out THE 21-DAY METASHRED. It’s an at-home body-shredding program that reveals lean, hard muscle.)
How to Set Up a Barbell Landmine
Most commercial gyms will have a landmine unit, but you can also buy an affordable unit for your home or garage gym, or use an empty corner.
1. Post landmine: Place this post into a pair of heavy weight plates (bumper plates are ideal). Then stick one end of the barbell into the holder. We prefer this option from Rogue for $75.
2. Empty corner: Place one end of a barbell in the corner of a wall or power rack. You can pad the wall with a thick towel to prevent wear and tear.
The Ultimate Landmine Workout
You don’t need a lot of weight to get a terrific abs-sculpting, fat-burning landmine workout. All you’ll need is a 25 to 45-pound plate to get started.
See how to do 63 different landmine exercises in the video. Then use them in your next workout. You can plug one or more of these moves into a total-body circuit.
Or you can create an exclusive landmine workout, like the one below:
- Landmine squat
- Rotational single-arm landmine clean and press (left and right sides)
- Alternating landmine reverse lunge
- Landmine abdominal rollout
For fat loss and conditioning: Perform the exercises in a row. Do each move for 40 seconds, followed by 20 seconds of rest. After performing all 4 moves, rest 1 minute. That’s 1 round. Perform 4 to 6 total rounds.
For unilateral moves, switch sides halfway into each work period (the 20-second mark) or every round.
For strength and muscle gain: Perform 3 to 5 sets of 6 to 12 reps for each movement in a straight set format. So you’ll complete all sets of one move before moving on to the next move.
Once you can perform multiple sets of 12 reps, bump the load up 5 to 10 pounds to keep challenging your muscles.
Tags: barbell exercisesab exercisescore workout