The Rock is cooking up interest for the next “Fast and Furious” flick thanks to his drama with co-star Vin Diesel.
Dwayne (The Rock) Johnson doesn’t seem to regret calling Diesel a “candy a–” in an Instagram post earlier this year – if anything, he said it only helped the studio drum up interest for the upcoming film.
“I was very clear with what I said. I’ve been in the game a long time,” he told the Los Angeles Times.
“Would Universal [PICTURES] have preferred that didn’t happen? Sure, we talked about it. The irony is after that and as they do their tracking and all their analysis, the interest shot through the roof to a whole other level,” he added.
Dwayne Johnson slams ‘Fast and Furious’ co-star, Vin Diesel
Johnson took to Instagram in August to write that his female co-stars were always amazing, but his male co-stars were a different story.
“Some conduct themselves as stand up men and true professionals, while others don’t,” he wrote “The ones that don’t are too chicken s–t to do anything about it anyway. Candy a–es.”
While The Rock did not specifically call out Diesel, subsequential posts seemed to allude to the actor more and more. Diesel even posted his own Facebook video to address the drama.
“Proud of our collective, stay positive-I mean that-don’t beat anybody up,” he said with a smile.
Vin Diesel warns ‘don’t beat anybody up’ amid Rock drama
Various reports came out that the two hot-temprered stars were going at it on set and Johnson uktimately told fans it would be evident on the big screen.
“When you watch this movie next April and it seems like I’m not acting in some of these scenes and my blood is legit boiling – you’re right,” the 44-year-old wrote.
“Fast 8” is due out on April 17, 2017.
Send a Letter to the Editor